24 October 2018
Concerned Persons One Day Workshop 1st December 2018
This day is open to anyone whose life is affected by the drinking, drug use, gambling or compulsive behaviours of a family member or friend.
At the end of the day participants will have:
- a better knowledge of the illness of addiction.
- more understanding of how they themselves have been affected by the addiction and of how they can cope with it.
- an insight into the 12 Step Programme and how Al-Anon and other support groups can help them.
The workshop, which we run on a Saturday approximately every 5/6 weeks, takes place here in The Rutland Centre. Registration commences at 9.45am and the day will run from 10.00am to 4.00pm.There is no charge for concerned persons of current clients; otherwise the fee for the workshop is €60.We would encourage you to reserve a place by leaving your name at reception.
Tea and coffee will be provided but lunch is not included. Participants may bring a packed lunch or purchase lunch locally.
Our next workshop will take place on Saturday 1st December 2018
Participants will also have the option of joining a group which will meet once a week at The Rutland Centre on Tuesday or Thursday evenings, from 8.00pm – 10.00pm. The hope is that group members will:
- learn new strategies for coping with the problems caused by addiction, that will help them find a better quality of life.
- identify with their peers in group and benefit from interaction with them.
Our hope is that people will enjoy an improved level of self-esteem; that they will begin to find a better sense of physical well being; that they will experience an improvement in social functioning; and that they will understand addiction as a family issue.
Also a Family Mobilisation Meeting will take place every 2nd Wednesday from 4.00 – 5.00 pm to assist anyone who has concerns about addiction in their family – there is no charge for this service.
To reserve a place at the Concerned Persons Workshop, please complete and return this form by Wednesday, 28th November 2018, to Rutland Centre, Knocklyon Rd, Templeogue, Dublin 16, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note places are limited)