10 October 2017
CP Workshop Scheduled for 21st October 2017
This one day workshop is open to anyone whose life is affected by the drinking, drug use, gambling or compulsive behaviours of a family member or friend. The workshop will run from 10am to 4pm on Saturday 21st October.
At the end of the day participants will have:
- a better knowledge of the illness of addiction.
- more understanding of how they themselves have been affected by the addiction and of how they can cope with it.
- an insight into the 12 Step Program and how Al-Anon and other support groups can help them.
Registration commences at 9.45am and the day will run from 10.00am to 4.00pm.There is no charge for concerned persons of current clients and clients that have been with us in the past 12 months; otherwise the fee for the workshop is €60. We would encourage you to reserve a place by leaving your name at reception.
Please complete the attached registration form and return to us at registration.
Tea and coffee will be provided but lunch is not included. Participants may bring a packed lunch or purchase lunch locally.
Participants will also have the option of joining a group which will meet once a week at The Rutland Centre on Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday evenings. The hope is that group members will:
- learn new strategies for coping with the problems caused by addiction, that will help them find a better quality of life.
- identify with their peers in group and benefit from interaction with them.
Our hope is that people will enjoy an improved level of self-esteem; that they will begin to find a better sense of physical well being; that they will experience an improvement in social functioning; and that they will understand addiction as a family issue.
Also a Family Mobilisation Meeting will take place every 2nd Wednesday from 4.00 – 5.00 pm to assist anyone who has concerns about addiction in their family – there is no charge for this service.